Wednesday, May 11, 2005

This is the very first afghan I ever crocheted. It's a double strand pattern and looks pretty good in this picture. What you can't see is that one end is wider than the other. I got so disgusted with it that I never did put the fringe on it. I pulled it out of the closet several months ago and gave it to the cat we "inherited" from the neighbors. He slept on it for a week and even he abandoned it. So I've washed it and it's going back in the closet. I don't know why I can't just frog it...

This one is also double strand and was made for my oldest son. I've since made him one from a pattern and colors that he picked (of course I forgot to take a picture before he took it to college with him). I figured he didn't want this one anymore, since he left it behind when he moved out. I had just washed it up and was trying to decide what to do with it, when he came home for Mother's day and asked if he could have, "my other afghan". I sure am glad I had it all washed up and ready to go.

And finally, here's the mile-a-minute afghan I made for my younger son. Right now I am in the process of making him a Felix the Cat graph afghan for his birthday (it's going to be late). So I guess when I get ready to send him Felix, I'll ask him if he wants this one too. Don't know what I'll do with it if he doesn't want it...stash it until he has a boy of his own maybe (and that better not be too soon).

I wasn't sure when I made these how well they would hold up. But it's been approximately 7 years since I made the afghans for the boys, they used them all the time, they've been washed bunches of times, and they haven't fallen apart. Once again, I worried for nothing.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have time to take some pictures of what I've been working on currently and will have some "fresh" work to post. G'night!

1 comment:

Deb said...

I like your wide sided afghan! Can a border be crocheted around it to even it out a bit? Might be worth a try. Maybe use a smaller hook on the wide side? Just thinking aloud, but it's too pretty to frog!