Monday, April 18, 2005

Finished Projects

We managed to make it thru the April 15th tax deadline and I'm breathing a sigh of relief. Not that I will be any less busy since we have to get our house ready to put up for sale and also have some major remodeling to do to our "new" living quarters...I'm exhausted just thinking about it. I did manage to complete to more projects this weekend. A cape that I started by using a pattern from the January 2005 issue of "Crochet!" magazine called Blue Roses Poncho. Since the girl I was making it for wanted a cape and not a poncho I pretty easily adapted that part by combining this pattern with the Vanilla Cream pattern in the "Poncho Panache!" leaflet I have. Then after the first 10 rows or so, I decided I wasn't going to get it done on time if I continued to follow the pattern...so I improvised. Does this mean this is my pattern now? hmmmm... whatever... I also finished a poncho that I had to add a little of my own twist to because the "no dye lot" yarn I had didn't really match so I added the accent color so the two unmatching colors weren't touching each other...and to my eye, you can't tell now that the two light blues don't quite match.

cape
poncho

Hats off to
http://crochetpartners.org -- The people who contribute there have made it possible for me to branch out and try new things that I never would have considered trying before joining the group. What a great bunch of people. If you are reading this blog, crochet, and are not already a member, I urge you to check them out.

No comments: