Tuesday, August 23, 2005


I've been to Virginia Beach and back since the last time I posted. Although it was too hot and too humid, I had a great time with hubby's son, his wife and "our" grandchildren. Although they aren't really mine - my heart doesn't know that. Went on a boat tour of the Navy ships in Norfolk, spent some time at the beach and crocheted OF COURSE!

The dishcloths and towel below were comleted and mailed just before we left for Virginia. They were part of a dishcloth exchange that I joined through one of my online crochet groups. That was fun, although I always worry when I make something for someone else whether they will like it or not. They went to Lisa in Texas and she picked the colors so at least I have that going for me.

















I made this doily for my granddaughter. She's 2 years old and her favorite color is pink. I need the practice working with thread so I just couldn't resist making this for her. I didn't block it - don't know how to do that yet and also figured there is a good possibility it may need a few washings here and there over the next few years.

















I'm so excited about this afghan/lapghan. This is the closest I've ever come to making a scrap afghan and it turned out so nice. I've decided to make scrap afghans and donate all of them to charity. I can hardly wait to start on another one. The problem is, I already have many WIPs that I need to complete and even more WIMs. Anyway, this was fun and I think I'm going to do another one just like it in greens.


While shopping with my daughter-in-law in Virginia Beach, we saw the cutest ponchos for her daughter/my granddaughter. This made me think that I could (and should) make one for her - pink, of course. Then we decided that mom should have one to match. I think I found a pattern that will look nice on both of them. My problem - I don't know how to shrink it to toddler size. hmmmmmm I'll have to work on that one. I'm thinking that as I make the adult size, there will be a "repeat" that will make it easy to downsize the pattern.

Have to go for now, need to get some office tasks completed...heading back out of town again this Friday.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Sounds like you enjoyed your trip to VA Beach! I haven't been there in several years.
The pink doily is gorgeous! Did you use variegated thread?
Your afghan is really nice, too!

Have you joined Crochetville?

Deb said...

Hi Randa! I just made my first doily. Were can I get the pattern for your pink doily? I'd love to try it!