Thursday, October 13, 2005



Hi there...bet you all thought I had just vanished off the face of the earth, didn't you? We've just been so busy running around the country, working on the house and then there was Paul's surgery. The surgery itself wasn't the problem...keeping him from bike riding 3 days later (and since) has been. I've found time to do some crocheting but have so many projects floating around in my head I sometimes get overwhelmed and end up doing nothing. I hate when that happens. I'm trying to come up with some fun and quick projects that will sell but I just can't decide so I'm thinking I should just crochet what I enjoy and hope I can sell it. If I can't sell it, I can then donate to charity with the afghans I'm making specifically for charity. I uploaded some pictures of a couple of my latest completed projects. I actually made a hat and scarf and a couple cupcakes (the pattern for the cupcake is at Good Housekeeping's website). All that was for a girlfriend and I forgot to take pictures. Maybe I can get her to model for me and I can post them later. Anyway...here's what I've done lately...



This is the easiest piece of clothing I have ever made in my life (not that I have that much experience with clothes). And to top it off, the pattern didn't have any errors in it!!! That seems to be a big plus these days as it seems that every pattern I start has mistakes in it.


This afghan was quick and easy (and it's prettier than it looks in this picture). The pattern came from "Color Happy Afghans", published by ASN. I think I might do this one again someday, using earthtones.

This is the completed "Far Out" afghan that I was working on in Colorado. I can't wait to do this one again (getting ready to start in the next couple days). The next one, I'm going to try to design a couple of my own squares. I was surprised how fast this was to make up. The beaded fringe took the longest but I can't think of a way to make it go faster and it's too cool looking to do it any other way.

Well that's it for today. Hopefully it won't be another month before I get back to update again. (P.S. HI ROGER!!!)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy, Loved the shrug. Where did you get the pattern?

Randa said...

The shrug pattern can be found at www.luv2crochet.com You didn't leave me an email address, so I don't know how to reach you :( Just hoping you'll check back.

Deb said...

Hey girl! That shrug is gorgeous!!! I like that "groovy" afghan too. How in the world are ya doing?

Anonymous said...

i'd like the pattern for the groovy "far out" 60's peace/love afghan...do ya have it?