Thursday, September 08, 2005

ON THE ROAD AGAIN...

We spent last week in Branson, Missouri (our first-but not last-trip there). Unfortunately when we arrived around 11:30 on Friday night, we had to go directly to the emergency room. I had not been feeling well the previous couple days - thought I had a sinus infection (no big deal). By the time we got to Branson I couldn't swallow. Turns out I had strep throat. After antibiotics thru the weekend, I finally began feeling better - not great, but better. We didn't do as much as planned, but it did give my husband several opportunities to go out for some bike rides. The place we stayed was gorgeous so I didn't mind too much just relaxing (and crocheting of course). I don't have a picture to post of the lapghan I made while there becuz on the last row of ruffles that would have completed it, I ran out of yarn. And wouldn't you know, I can't find any RH Teal anywhere. On the search for that as we travel half-way across the country. I also started a poncho for my daughter-in-law and worked on more squares for another lapghan.

Right now I am sitting in a rest area 50 miles or so west of Des Moines, Iowa. I love Iowa - all the rest areas on I-80 are wi-fi accessible - for free! Besides the fact that I love Iowa's rolling hills. Every time I've ever driven thru here, I'm always taken in by the beauty - and you'd be surprised how many people think Iowa is flat. We are on our way to Winter Park, Colorado for 2 weeks. I lived in the Denver metro area from the ages of 18 to 30 so I still have some friends (okay, only 2) that I have stayed in touch with and will be visiting. My youngest son (20) also lives just north of Denver (Lafayette) and I haven't seen him since last November when we were out there. He will be riding back with us to visit for a week (I made sure he had a plane ticket to return to Colorado - I love him, but...)

Anyway, I am crocheting my way across the midwest (and relieving my hubby driving on occasion). Since we can't even check into the resort until late afternoon tomorrow, this has been a leisurely drive - a nice change from our usual "hurry up and get there" trips.

More (hopefully with pictures) later...

1 comment:

Deb said...

Oh Randa, I'm so sorry you've been sick!!! Strep is horrible! I hope the rest of your trip is relaxing and enjoyable. Take care!